Terra’s mission is to set money free. We believe that money is a form of technology that can be innovated on. As a pioneer in monetary technology, we build open infrastructure, rethink monetary policy, and create revolutionary applications that sets the stage for open financial platforms.
Some examples include:
- Mirror : Mirror is a synthetic asset protocol built on top of the Terra blockchain. These ‘mirrored asset’ (mAssets) are tokens that track the price of the underlying real life asset, such as stocks, ETFs, commodities etc. The vision of mirror is to allow unfettered access to global markets. By utilizing Terra’s stable coins, liquidity for the Mirror Protocol is greatly improved, and the decentralized nature of the protocol allows for immediate access from anywhere in the world. Mirror investors are able to freely access the protocol by both web and mobile application. With Mirror, users are able to join in the value-creation process seen in real financial markets.
- Anchor : Anchor is a savings protocol that provides stablecoin depositors with a stable interest rate that is much more competitive to traditional savings products.
As featured in:
Our systems are written in :
- Languages: Primarily Rust, Python, TypeScript
- Blockchain: Terra (naturally) which uses CosmWASM / Tendermint
You will find it easier to do your job if you have the following qualities. Needless to say, none of these qualities supersede your intellectual and professional curiosity:
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals including OS, storage, data structures, algorithms, transpilers/compilers, etc.
- Demonstratable blockchain/smart contract development experience (on GitHub or otherwise)
- Experience and understanding of blockchain DeFi mechanics protocols preferable, otherwise overall passion and interest in the psace
- Experience developing systems in financial markets ideal (for example custody, yield bearing instruments, options, treasury, dealing desk areas) preferable
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment is a must
- Ability to write and communicate effectively
- A team-player mentality. Development is a team sport here.
What we give you:
- A dynamic environment, with a large amount of autonomy
- A place where your ideas are listened to and acted upon (within reason)
- A high growth company, in a high growth industry. While we are not at the ground floor, we are still in early stages, so you can make your mark
- Build using the latest technologies
- Use and publish open source software
- Fully remote, ideally with a good overlap to Asia time-zones
- The satisfaction that your work will help provide financial security to others
If you are tired of simply making money and hope to go down the rabbit hole to rethink how money works, then Terra is the right place for you.