Terra’s mission is to set money free. We believe that money is a form of technology that can be innovated on. As a pioneer in monetary technology, we build open infrastructure, rethink monetary policy, and create revolutionary applications that set the stage for open financial platforms.
At its core, Terra is a platform for developers. Developers can build applications on top of the Terra blockchain for countless use cases in crypto, including instant payments using stablecoins, trading synthetic assets, generating savings yields from deposits, recurring payments, and NFTs.
As featured in:
Our systems are written in:
- Language: Typescript/React, Rust, Go
- Database: Postgres, RockDB
- Blockchain: Terra (naturally) which uses CosmWasm / Cosmos SDK
About the Role: The Developer Relations Engineer will act as primary partner of the Ecosystem team for communicating with developers about technical specifications for Terra. Growing the number of developers building on Terra is crucial to the success of the ecosystem. This role is an opportunity to be an early member of the Developer Relations team.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Use and publish open source software for the Terra developer community
- Identify common developer implementation patterns and pain points. Address them in new and existing public documentation.
- Conduct user interviews with current developers to identify successful training tactics and collaboration patterns.
- Identify content gaps based on developer needs and existing resources.
- Prioritize new content creation and manage multiple streams of content in process.
- Become fluent across the full stack of Terra production products and supporting platforms and services.
- Coordinate with internal and external teams.
You will find it easier to do your job if you have the following qualities. Needless to say, none of these qualities supersede your intellectual and professional curiosity:
- Comfort with programming in Typescript/React, Rust, and/or Go.
- Building large scale services that operate in a distributed environment
- Public cloud experience (Ideally AWS)
- Blockchain development experience preferable (smart contracts, oracles) preferred
- Experience developing systems in financial markets (e.g. custody, yield bearing instruments, options, treasury, dealing desk areas) preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment as a self-starter is a must
- A team-player mentality. Development is a team sport here.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Clear and succinct communication is very important.
- Experience in scoping and executing on projects that involve multiple stakeholders